Luckily this month's CCCQ block was relatively fast to make.
Block 21 Mary Trayner.
I decided I wanted my block a little more symmetrical than the original, so I made a mirror image using just one half of the block.
In my last post I included photos of 2 Noah and Matilda blocks where I hadn't completed the embroidery embellishment.
The original block had 2 rows of satin stitch around each element. I decided to just embroider around the 4 plain red pieces.
I used 1 strand of DMC embroidery floss.
Next is the grape block.
Again, I used one strand of DMC floss.
To make the grapes I used Karen Kay Buckley's Perfect Circles.
Cutting out the circles, leaving an small seam allowance extra.
The extra fabric helped to puff up the grapes.
I also put a tiny circle of cotton batting into each grape to puff them up further.
Last night I began stitching the first block for this month's set. Hopefully I can finish all 4 before the end of the month. Wish me luck!