A few close ups...
I made a couple of changes and used some silk ribbon for flower buds and I beaded the centres of the pink flowers. I also used metallic star charms for the flag.
Overall I am quite happy with the block, but I know the next block will be easier (and hopefully better) for all I have learned while making this block.
Here are my next 2 Barbara Brackman Civil War blocks.
Two of my DD's friends have recently had babies. My DD wanted to make a quilt each for them, so over the last 2 weeks I have been teaching her how to put a quilt together.
She has one almost finished.
I am still having problems with blogger!! I have changed my bloglist settings so that now only the most recent 5 postings are shown. You can still see all the others by clicking on the "show all" tool at the bottom of the bloglist.
Today I am starting my Roseville Album quilt!! :)