It has taken a while, but I have been slowly adding leaves and branches to the first panel. Last week I completed sewing the last few leaves to the last branch.
A couple of closer photos...
I am a bit impatient to see how it will look with the borders attached, so I laid out the fabrics to get an idea.
I haven't done much sewing during the last week or so. I got a cold and its the sickest I've been for a long time. I am still recovering and thankfully I feel like I have finally turned the corner today. I have a bit more energy. No going back to gym yet, but I do have sewing and fabric out today. :)