Saturday, December 8, 2012

Another Chester Criswell Quilt Block

Yesterday I finished the next Chester County Criswell block.






I made James Carlile's block using a single piece of fabric. This fabric is from Barbara Brackman's new line called Metropolitan Fair. I like how the shade of green changes across the fabric.

Here are all my blocks so far.





I plan to make the quilt with a few different background fabrics.

Today I basted and started hand quilting the little pinwheel quilt in my previous post.





9 comments:

Stephanie said...

I especially love the red block in the lower right corner. It reminds me of a vintage doily.

Cathy said...

That block looks like it would be an enjoyable one to applique. I love that green too. Great blocks Miriam. xo

Kathie said...

I LOVE seeing your blocks so inspiring yes isn't that green wonderful I agree I love the shading in that fabric
I know I am going to be sorry I didn't make this quilt when your done!
Kathie

Carole~Wheels on the Warrandyte Bus said...

Looking good!! Love that green BB fabric - great choice.

Michelle @ the quilted tortoise said...

Your work is always so beautiful Miriam that whenever I look at it I get that wonderful contented peaceful calming feeling that quilting brings. Does that make you my therapist of sorts?!?! mx

Maureen said...

What a great project to work on during the holidays - red, green and white. The blocks are beautiful!

Dawn said...

YOur blocks are coming right along!
How fun to be quilting the little pin wheels.
Nice to have the variety.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

that's going to be a pretty quilt

Barb said...

what beautiful blocks! I especially love the paper cut ones.
Your stitching is so lovely!
Hope you are enjoying your hand quilting.