Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Two Quilt Tops Finished!!!

It is always a long time between finishes when I have several projects going at once and many of them are by hand. Well, this month I have finally finished 2 quilt tops!!! Woohoo! :)

The first finish is my hand pieced Lone Star. I started this quilt with several other ladies in my Friday Sewing group at Somerset Patchwork.



Every stitch is by hand, so it took me almost exactly 12 months to finish this top! I plan to machine quilt it (it is huge so would take too long to hand quilt!!), but have no idea how....yet!

As usual. I have had several other projects on the go this month.

I made a little pouch with some Cotton and Steel fabric as a gift.



A little more progress has been made on Mountmellick.

One of the corner blocks...


...and the completed border attached to the centre medallion I made last year!

.
.Sorry its upside down!!

I have started the next border. So far I have made 5 out of a  dozen hexie flowers using half inch hexies.

Next is another machine stitched block for Citrus Sweet Love.



Last night I finished stitching the very last block of the Chester County Criswell Quilt, block 33.
There have been several challenging blocks in this quilt and I think I found this one the most challenging!!



Today I machine stitched all the blocks together!!



I made the first block in August 2012 and there has been one block a month since then. Lots of hand applique!! I am going to miss stitching one of these blocks every month.
This photo was just a quick shot taken outside. I hope to get some better photos over the next few days. It was fun pulling out all the blocks and remembering those I had stitched many months ago.

Already I have chosen 2 more new quilts to start!!! Plus I have plans to keep working on some older WIP and get some more finishes!


17 comments:

  1. You definitely never let your hands be idle. What a beautiful lone star. One of my favorite patterns and, of course, your applique blocks are exquisite. I can see why this last one was a challenge when I looked at the edge and those tiny pieces. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do beautiful work :) Challenging is probably an understatement for some of those blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the work looks to be well worth it! These quilt tops are wonderful! I especially love the big lone star. Just fabulous.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness, you've been so very busy! All of your projects are wonderful! Your hand pieced star quilt is gorgeous...well worth the extraordinary work that you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful work! Well we don't consider this work. But they are beautiful! All that hand stitching! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all looking great. Will catch up with you Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It can definitely be a slow journey but look at the wonderful rewards.
    Chester County Criswell Quilt looks beautiful. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Worth every stitch! Your Lone Star is beautiful. The CCC quilt looks fantastic all sewn together. I love that last block especially.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Miriam -- what great finishes. I LOVE your Lone Star -- I would love to make one of those quilts. It never occurred to me to hand-piece one -- maybe after my TAW is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Snap! You used the same fabric for Block 33 as I did. The top looks fantastic, can't wait to see it on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow--lots of beautiful handwork! I especially love your lone star--can't wait to see it quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful hand stitching. Love the star, lots of space for a long arm quilter to play. CCCQ is stunning. Your other projects are coming along nicely. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow you sure have achieved this post............congrats.......now for the quilting..........

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so admire your handwork. So gorgeous and you've created very special heirlooms.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Congratulations Miriam on both the lone star and CCCQ. You've done a masterful job on the last block, it looks amazing and you sure didn't muck around with putting the blocks together. I really admire how you diligently completed every block for 33 months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful quilts - I particularly like the star - and always so rewarding to get a hand stitched top moved over into the 'finished' column.

    ReplyDelete
  17. very pretty red/green applique....that is so true about applique, one does miss it when the project is done...it is very soothing and therapeutic somehow...

    ReplyDelete