Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Joseph's Coat progress and more
Joseph's Coat is growing! None of the blocks are joined together yet and 3 or 4 blocks are only pinned at the moment, but I am getting closer to finishing. Tomorrow I have another class with Kellie and I hope to find out how to join all the rows together. I think I will stop at 7 by 5 blocks instead of the 7 by 7 in Kellie's pattern. I have graded the blues and greens to lighter colours in the corners and along the edges and I think I will lose the effect of the colours I am after if I add 2 more rows.
This quilt is my first working with Kaffe Fassett fabrics. I have loved fussy cutting and sewing with these bright fabrics.
Below is my hexie flower for this week. I haven't used my camera to take photos after dark before and I am quite happy with how it turned out.
The plant my hexie is resting in is another Australian native. The Bendigo Waxflower grows mostly in the South East corner of the country.
Below is a close up shot I took earlier in the day.
I have (almost!) completed block 2 of Tail Feathers. The appliqued bird still needs a beak and an eye. I am going to sew on tiny beads for the eyes when I have finished all the blocks.
We have had lots of lovely, steady rain again this afternoon. We expect more over the next week.
Have a great week everyone. I hope you all get lots of sewing time!