Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Wednesday again



I haven't dome much sewing this week, but I did finish one more hexi flower and one more Morrell block.




Only 7 more Morrell blocks to go, then the border.

Below will be my next quilt when the Morrell Quilt is finished. It is the Roseville Album quilt, by Kim McLean. I have all my fabrics now, so I am ready to start. Very tempting!!! It is taking quite a bit of self discipline to keep on with finishing my Morrell quilt. I am a very good starter, and not such a good finisher!! lol!

I have put a badge at the top of my blog's sidebar that leads to the Glorious Applique blog. Glorious Applique is a blog dedicated to quilts designed my Kim McLean. Lots of wonderful, inspiring creations to see there!




Spring brings lots of native flowers in the garden. Below is a bottlebrush. (Callistemon) We have 3 bottlebrush trees in our garden and 2 of them are full of flowers. The flowers bring lots of birds.




He is quite hard to see, but if you click on the photo below you will see a bird in the centre of the photo. He had 5 friends in the garden this afternoon. It can get quite noisy when there are a few birds!!

I don't know what kind of bird he is. Does anyone else know????
(Thank you to Chookyblue and an anonymous commenter. The bird is an Indian Myna bird. They are quite noisy and can be aggressive to other birds. He is not native to Australia)

Next are several shots of rainbow lorikeets. They are much less tame than the parrots I showed last week. It took a few goes before I could get photographs. They kept flying away as soon as I got close enough to get a shot. I managed to get 2 birds in a couple of the photos. They love the nectar in the flowers.





Thank you to all my new visitors and thank you for leaving comments Every one is appreciated! :)


Have a great week everyone!

25 comments:

  1. I love the little hexie flower - the colors are great. You must be getting close to finish on the Morrell quilt and will be glad to get that one finished. I have seen the other pattern and know someone who has it and intends to start it in about six months after she finishes some other things.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hexie flower is very special. I do recall seeing flowers like that too :) THey do look beautiful dont they. I am afraid I am going to be late with my flower this week - I am just too beat!! You have been very busy !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo another pretty hexy and Morrell block. You are being such a good quilter, resisting the Roseville :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both your hexie and your Morrell block are stunning Miriam! I think you've been very busy with stitching.

    The red in the bottlebrush blooms is just about my favorite shade of red...love it! The birds are cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm. Your Morrell block is beautiful, Miriam. Stay steadfast. Roseville Album will wait. What a nice reward fro finishing Morrell, to begin RA!? ; ) Thanks for the GA blog shout out. I really appreciate it!!!

    The trees and birds in your garden are FABULOUS!!! Such dramatic color and beauty! Wow!!! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great new blocks.Love the flower photos. Neat birds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty flower! and your other block looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flower has bown me away...I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your hexie...nicely fussy cut! Looking forward to seeing your Roseville album.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh that bird is just a noisy miner.......I have lots of them......my bottle brushes are flowering too......

    ReplyDelete
  11. great fussy cut hexie, they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A stunning flower this week Miriam and a beautiful Morrell block. The garden photos are lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the hexie flower and the Morrell block! You are a finisher :)
    Your photos are beautiful! I am loving Autumn here.
    I am going now to vist Glorious Applique!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. GORGEOUS, MIRIAM!
    YOUR HEXI-FLOWER IS SO CUTE, AND YOUR MORRELL IS GORGEOUS. YES, I AGREE, JUST FINISH BEFORE JUMPING ON TO THE NEXT ONE: RESIST THE TEMPTATION! :)
    THANKS FOR SHARING THE TREES AND BIRDS. SO STUNNING!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful flower Miriam..and your Morell block is stunning..We have a bush similar to that in our garden,,It sure does attract the native birds, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely Morrell block. You are very ambitious!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that black and white hexie. It is stunning.

    I also am excited for you that spring is in full swing. Your flowers and birds are so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hallo from Brisbane, your bird is a Noisy Mynah - they are not actually native and they do tend to be extremely raucous and quite funny to watch.
    Your hex and block are lovely, thanks for showing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning flower this week.
    www.quiltsampler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am in AWE of your self control!! You are much more focused than I am! Maybe if I only had 7 more blocks to go on the Morrell, I would be, too. I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Miriam!
    Once again you have proven yourself to be "The Queen of Fussy Cutting" with your hex flower. I am blown away as well! It is so lovely to watch you mature as a quilter. I have not nearly the courage to even attempt the Roseville Album. I will be excited to witness your journey, and perhaps acquire some of your courage along the way.

    Love and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your latest Morrell block and your hexie flower is cute. I love bottlebrushes, we have several in our garden too and they have come out the least affected from the drought.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are really creating some wonderful things. Love the hexie!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  24. The hexie flower is so special. Are all your hexigon blocks this distinct?
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete