Yesterday I finally finished the quilt we started in that class!!
This bird block features the fabric I used to base my colour choices on. I looove this fabric!
I love the fan fabric too.
I quilted with 2 lines of quilting down each of the borders and a diamond in the centre of each block.
A photo taken as the sun was still low in the sky this morning shows the quilting a little better.
And on the back..
Down the centre of the back I joined strips of most of the fabrics used in the front of the quilt.
For the binding I used a variegated stripe cut on the bias.
For the quilting I used a thread I haven't tried before. The DMC machine embroidery cotton is quite fine (size 50) and runs smoothly through the machine while producing no lint. While it is not a strong thread, I am very happy with the results.
Bordered Diamonds quilted, bound and labelled!