Saturday, February 28, 2015

February Stitching

It is the last day of summer here and, now in the mid afternoon, the sun is just beginning to shine. It has been an overcast, humid day with the promise of some much needed rain tonight.

February has had some days of no stitching at all and other days when I have achieved lots. :)

I made a start on Citrus Sweet Love. The first block, Emma's Puzzle finished using all Cotton & Steel fabrics. I machine pieced this block.



I finished a mini with some fabric from a fat quarter swap our sewing group had just before Christmas.



The fabrics are Yuwa and Cotton & Steel. I was inspired by a table runner I saw posted by @quiltsandwichfabrics on Instagram. The mini is machine pieced and I hand quilted it using DMC 80.
More of the Yuwa fabric was used making the pouch I showed in my February 1st post.

My Lone Star is coming along slowly. I've almost finished the 6th section of the star!

Noah and Matilda has been sitting on the side lines, somewhat. I have made more than 20 little grapes for the border. There is still a long way to go!



This week I managed to complete February's CCCQ, block 29, Maria Criswell. Only 4 more block patterns to come for this quilt.



I have also sewn a little more on the hexagons I showed in the February 1st post.

I'm looking forward to a day of hand stitching with friends tomorrow. :) I hope to get that 6th lone star section finished!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness, you've gotten so much accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy keeping up with your monthly quilts. I haven’t tried the Cotton and Steel fabric yet. I like your little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy. Good to have a variety of things to work on. Lovely grapes, I like the tones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, the rain certainly arrived with a vengeance! Your Cotton and Steel block is lovely! I love this colour palette- the purple, chartreuse, and pink are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you're making steady progress on all of your projects -- and that's what it's all about, isn't it? I love your fabric combos on that first group of blocks!

    ReplyDelete