Saturday, October 1, 2016

Quilts In The Barn 2016

This weekend is the very last Quilts In The Barn, so it was a not to be missed day for me.

The theme this year is antique quilts. Hanging were quilts belonging to Linda Collins, Claire Jones, Bev Bannard, Jill Pearce and Leah Zieber, who is Linda's international guest this year.

Lots of photos following!



Can you imagine how long it took to stitch together all those triangles!! The hand quilting was amazing too!

Two basket quilts...



This quilt, Brenda's Bounty belongs to Linda Collins. The pattern for this quilt is in her book  Treasures From The Barn.




More quilts of Linda's that appear in her book...



One more of Linda's, Panama Pyramids, which is the subject of a sewalong on Facebook and Instagram @panamapyramidsewalong2016.



A couple of photos of  Leah Zieber's area.

Leah has a beautiful display of antique dresses and quilts,


Also tiny quilts..



Look at this tiny sewing machine!! :) Today was the first time I had seen a Singer Featherweight.



Many of the quilts on display were hand quilted. So much beautiful work!!!

This red and green quilt had a variety of hand quilted designs in the alternate blocks.



This is from a small whole cloth quilt.



Another beauty..









This next quilt had a repeating block..





Embroidery, hand quilting and a scalloped edge.



I loved this bird!!



Berries ans still more hand quilting!





A few more quilts..


Some interesting fabrics in this one.







Every year Linda has tables and chairs set outside for everyone to enjoy refreshments. On each table is an old quilt (covered with plastic to protect it from spills) These quilts don't seem to be photographed and shared as often as those inside the barn, so I thoughT this year I would share photos of some blocks from several of these quilts.








Thank you again to Linda, her army of helpers and all the local and international guests who have shared their quilts and expertise with us! All the best Linda for your future ventures!



10 comments:

  1. what beautiful quilts!! I do not have Linda's book - I think I need to try to find it here in the states. Thanks for posting the photos I sure enjoyed looking at them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the chance to view the quilts. I would have loved to have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the chance to view the quilts. I would have loved to have been there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must have been wonderful viewing - such a lot of beauty on view. The hand quilting is wonderful and I love the applique inspiration too! The red and green applique of flowers and hearts is unusual - California Lilies made with Dresden plate piecing? thanks so much for sharing them Miriam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Miriam for this great post, I'm off to the barn to check it all it today - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing the pictures of the antique quilts. I enjoyed the view.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for the quilt tour!! I love the red flower applique quilt and of course the pyramid quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed these pictures very much! Thanks for sharing with those of us who are too far away to come see :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou so much for sharing these amazing quilts...... So Linda's not doing this anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for your lovely post. I went on Friday and enjoyed everything that I saw. And your photos are much better than mine, so thanks again.

    ReplyDelete