Friday, October 28, 2016

Two Quilt Tops Finished

Over the last 18 months or so I have been slowly working on hand stitching 2 quilts
Last month I finally finished Mountmellic.


Mountmellic is designed by Di Ford Hall and was the Quiltmania Mystery Quilt for 2014.  I received all the fabrics from Threadbear Quilting in Castlemaine in their Block of the Month program.
The whole quilt is stitched by hand. Piecing was with Aurifil thread and I used YLI slik for the applique.

In June I finished My Small World top.



My Small World was designed by Jen Kingwell and the pattern was published in the Quiltmania Spring 2015 magazine. This quilts is also made completely by hand and took almost exactly 12 months to finish.
At the moment I am hand quilting it...


I am using Aurifil 12 for the sky and Perle 12 for the rest of the quilt.


I am working on finishing a couple of other projects too. More about them soon. :)

9 comments:

  1. very nice!! I love that you hand piece your quilts - I do that on some of mine but not all. Your post answered questions that I had on mine today about thread! What size needle and what kind are you using with the aurfil #12

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mountmellick is quite an accomplishment. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lot of handpiecing. They both look wonderful! Enjoy the quilting :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Two very ambitious projects, both absolutely stunning! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic finish on two awesome projects. The big stitching really compliments the Small World quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great finishes!! I love the Quiltmania magazine, and own a few of their books, too!! Your Mountmellic is wonderful!! The fabrics are just perfect for it. I did not get into the fabric kit site in time to get one, here in the States. I have not tried any of Jen's patterns. I own 2, but have not gotten to them yet. Have fun with your quilt stitches!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow hand pieced how amazing. I just finished my Mountmellic an it is stitched by machine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love both of the projects Congratulations Miriam!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two very different quilts but both beautiful.
    Congratulations, so much work but the results must be so satisfying.

    ReplyDelete