Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Dear Jane Blocks

These are the Dear Jane blocks I have made so far. They are in no particular order.

I finished my 52nd Dear Jane block today. A 11 Pebbles Protest.

I am making a scrappy Jane. All of my fabrics are from projects I have already made, gifts from friends or pieces bought as a memory of a particular day out. I started in January 2008 and I can say I have learnt lots so far on this journey. In hindsight some of my fabric choices may not be the best and I may decide to do some blocks again. I had no plan at the beginning and just jumped in and made a block from a piece of fabric I thought would suit that block. I intend to start sashing my blocks soon and I am considering whether I will place my blocks in a layout that suits my fabric choices, rather than layed out in the traditional manner of A 1 to M 13.

52,2,0,1071


More Morrell Quilt blocks next time.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mimi,
    Your Dear Jane blocks look fantastic! And congratulations on completely 52 blocks...no small undertaking!

    Great job on your blog too...it's looking great! The tracking map is really interesting!

    Hugs,

    Elaine in SLO, Ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your DJ blocks....they look so pretty and they'll bring you lots of memories! Good job on reaching 52!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your DJ blocks are wonderful. Congratulations on reaching 52! As was said before, that is no small effort!
    Isn't blogging fun?! Congrats on your new blog -- sure is nice looking. Thank you for emailing me the link. . . I have added myself as a follower and look forward to visiting again.
    Thank you, too, for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment.
    Hugs,
    Cyn;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen a lot of DJ blocks around the blogs. I love the fabrics you are using.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful DJ blocks! I'm having such fun making mine.

    ReplyDelete