Monday, June 6, 2011

Little Grace finished, a meeting and more


I finished quilting Little Grace late last week. The quilt is only 34cm by 42 cm (about 13 inches by 16.5 inches), but it is hand pieced and hand quilted. The pattern is by Jeanneke. Thank you Jeanneke for choosing me as the winner of this pattern and the printed fabric to make this doll quilt.

Recently I had the pleasure of spending a morning with Cathy of Cabbage Quilts. We visited a plant nursery and cafe and took a look around before we had coffee together.


We found some quilt inspiration....





...a wonderful pergola made from metal. There are some more photos on Cathy's blog.

I still catching up with my Barbara Brackman Civil War blocks. I finished two more this weekend.



 Block 23 Illinois Roads in the most recent block, and below is block 12 Louisiana.









I have also been cutting out triangles for the border of my Morrell Quilt.


I still have a few more background fabric triangles to cut out....then lots of stitching. :)


I hope for my next post I will have photos of some progress on my first Friends of Baltimore block.

Happy Sewing.

11 comments:

  1. so nice you girls got to meet up.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy said you had a great time! Love your little quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little quilt is lovely!! It's so fun to meet up with bloggy friends...I hope to be able to do that some day :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness sakes but your Little Grace is simply amazing. What fantastic piecing and quilting you did there. Lots of pretty in this post. Everything. I love all the sharing, the pergola is so neat. (oh those fabrics you have cut out - yummy).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little doll quilt is adorable! It looks like you're keeping good and busy. Thanks for sharing that inspirational pergola with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Little Grace quilt is so pretty, you have done that pattern proud!
    Your CW blocks look beautiful in those WM fabrics.
    A day out with friends is always a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little Grace is beautiful! Congratulations on getting it finished! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Little Grace is beautiful! Congratulations on getting it finished! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore your little grace quilt Miriam, esp how you have finished the edges. It was a lovely morning wasn't it, will def have to visit there again!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had a great time!! Love your little quilt, well done! Am curious about your progress on the Baltimore block! Happy appliqueing!! Hugs, Daniƫlle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful projects! Little Grace is precious.
    I have a Morrell in process too, enjoyed seeing your border cut.

    ReplyDelete