Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Tail Feathers progress
My arm is staring to feel better now, so I got out a machine pieced project.
Yesterday I joined together all the blocks for my Tail Feathers quilt and added the white border.
The next border for this quilt is a series of log cabin blocks, All the fabric came as pre cut strips, so I have been able to sew them all up too.
Last time I tried to make log cabin blocks they were a disaster!!! This time I used LOTS of spray starch!!
24 much better log cabin blocks!
Today I sewed together all the borders and added the 2 side borders to the quilt centre.....
....and started the 4 corner blocks.
I expect it will be several more weeks before my arm is well enough to do any hand sewing, so it will be a while before I add the embroidery to finish the corner blocks.
It did feel good to be sewing again!! :)
(Must say, I can't wait to get back to needle turn applique!!!)
Yellow banksia rose blooming in my garden.
Have a great week everyone!