Monday, March 10, 2014

I've made a start on lots more applique



In a previous post I showed a photo of the French General fabrics I selected to use on Mountmellic, Di Ford's mystery quilt in Quiltmania. I finally made a start! All the flowers and leaves for the broderie perse have been chosen and I have started appliquing them down. The fabric I used is a chintz-like print from La Belle Fleur. It has been lightly tea dyed to match the background as closely as possible.



I also chose to receive the BOM fabrics from Threadbear. I will make the quilt up in these fabrics as well, but (at the moment!) I plan to just make the centre block from my French General fabric collection. It has been fun to sort through fabrics, just restricting myself to French General fabrics, and make choices for all the parts of this block.
Part 2 has been released already, so I need to get a wriggle on! Lol

I have also made a start on block 19 of CCCQ


This one won't take too long.

I've also started selecting fabrics for 3 of the next 4 Noah and Matilda blocks.


The 4th block is much more intricate and will require more fabrics. It even has some embroidery!! :)

Photos and news from in interstate holiday in my next post.

There is also quite a bit of secret creating going on here. :)

15 comments:

  1. Your Mountmellic fabrics have worked out beautifully - love the soft look of it! Look forward to seeing the next N and M blocks - super fabrics there too. Your secret creating sounds intriguing :)
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  2. your fabric selections are great for that applique block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Di Ford mystery done in French General fabrics. So pretty! Lots of lovely appliqué going on in those other projects too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, secret quilting -- there's nothing better LOL! I LOVE your Di Ford start -- it's going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous basket of flowers. I love how the "scalloped" edge is every other print.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love the fabrics you use Mountmellic looks beautiful in FG fabrics. This is helping me with one of my AWS blocks. I wonder what your secret is?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am making this too Miriam in the given colours but on seeing the beautiful softness of your chosen palette I am tempted to make it in my own colours. I shall really enjoy seeing your progress and what you do with the next stage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woweee Miriam, your Broderie Perse Appique is looking amazingly beautiful. I really love what you do, you inspire me so much. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. All so pretty. Love the fussy cut exotic flower. Embroidery, yes! Looking forward to seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your block fabrics are so lovely...I love to see your progress with all the beautiful applique...YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's looking beautiful. I love seeing all these pop up all over Blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is going to be gorgeous, I too have used La Belle Fleur for the Broderie Perse, I wish i had thought to use other French General fabric for the rest of the block.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely lovely ;)
    love, love, love your mountmellick fabrics, so soft and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really nice quilt mystere !!!! Have fun !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really nice quilt mystere !!!! Have fun !!!!

    ReplyDelete