In a previous post I showed a photo of the French General fabrics I selected to use on Mountmellic, Di Ford's mystery quilt in Quiltmania. I finally made a start! All the flowers and leaves for the broderie perse have been chosen and I have started appliquing them down. The fabric I used is a chintz-like print from La Belle Fleur. It has been lightly tea dyed to match the background as closely as possible.
I also chose to receive the BOM fabrics from Threadbear. I will make the quilt up in these fabrics as well, but (at the moment!) I plan to just make the centre block from my French General fabric collection. It has been fun to sort through fabrics, just restricting myself to French General fabrics, and make choices for all the parts of this block.
Part 2 has been released already, so I need to get a wriggle on! Lol
I have also made a start on block 19 of CCCQ
This one won't take too long.
I've also started selecting fabrics for 3 of the next 4 Noah and Matilda blocks.
The 4th block is much more intricate and will require more fabrics. It even has some embroidery!! :)
Photos and news from in interstate holiday in my next post.
There is also quite a bit of secret creating going on here. :)