Monday, March 31, 2014

Noah and Matilda block and one more Jane Pizar block

Well, I have been trying to keep up with my Noah and Matilda blocks, but there have been some other (quilting) distractions this month! Lol
So, on the final day of March I have 3 blocks completed....



I've saved the best block for last! :)  Today I chose the  fabrics and started preparing the pieces. I will be doing some broderie perse on this block.

Jane Pizar continues be be a joy to work on. Here is my next block.



These blocks will be 9 inches finished. I love the chance to fussy cut and incorporate many fabrics.



Joyful stitching everyone!


13 comments:

  1. love your blogs and wonder what the end will look like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty blocks. I love your fussy cutting in you Jane Pizar block. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Jane Pizar block is so pretty!! Are you hand piecing? Your applique is lovely as well. Joyful stitching indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh {Swoon}. I LOVE that Jane Pizar block -- soooo pretty. And my favorite N&M block is the one on the upper left. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All applique blocks pretty, but I love Jane Pizar. Tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful Miriam. Your appliqué is lovely. Love the JP block, so similar to my Irish Circles. I love finishing off each block with that lovely ring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anyone can see you love your quilting - such attention to detail Miriam! The fussy cut flowers in the Pizar points are wonderful - just love the whole block. We are lucky to have you share your progress on this one. Noah and Matilda blocks are so charming aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work.
    Always a treat to see your fabric selections. Looking forward to seeing your BP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Blocks are Lovely..I finally got onto a Sue Ross Class here in Qld in July...that's a Start lolThanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful blocks! Can't wait to see your broderie perse.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The second 'Pizar' round is great. You'll get to pull out all your fabrics to get the best ones. Tell Sol you'll clean up when your finished.LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Noah and Matilda basket especially all the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Pizar block is a beauty. I had to follow the link to find out what quilt your are working on because the name was not familiar. Wow! What a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete