Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Blocks of the Month and Blogiversary

Wow, it has been 5 years today since I started my blog!!!



A single rose blooming this morning, still with a couple of raindrops.

The sun is shining, although it is a bit chilly. I'm celebrating my birthday today too. I'm planning a walk in the sunshine and plenty of sewing before a family dinner tonight.

Back to Mountmellick today.

In the last few days I have been working on my BOMs.

I finished the Cherries block for Noah and Matilda.



Those are the tiniest circles I have ever made!!! The chain stitch I embroidered using a single strand of DMC floss.

I also finished June's bock for CCCQ.



Block 22 Jesse Jackson Smith.


Thank to to all my readers, followers, commenters and fellow bloggers for 5 years of encouragement and inspiration!!! Here's to the next 5 years!! :)



19 comments:

  1. It's a day of celebration! Happy birthday and happy blog anniversary. Aren't those cherries small? Yours look terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday Miriam! lovely rose that you have there. love your applique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!! A bit of stitching & a family dinner sound like a great plan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday and congratulations on 5 years of blogging too! We are the winners there - thanks for all the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Miriam... hope you had a wonderful day .Love Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. always enjoy visiting.....happy 5th birthday.....wow it's that long already.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday and Happy blog anny :)

    love the newest blocks very impressed with the little berries and beautiful chain stitching….
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a very Happy Day. Grandma.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary. I love all your beautiful appliqué, always so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday Miriam - you must be 2 days older than me. Nice to see Block 22 too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like cherry blocks of all types. Yes, small circles but you did well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday and Blogiversary!!! What a fun way to remember when you started your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday and Blogiversary!
    Does it get any easier, I mean the blog thing...
    D.G. L

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary! I'm glad I found your blog and have certainly enjoyed seeing all of your stitching projects through the years.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Who would have thought we'd be celebrating anniversary for blogging! You have provided a place of inspiration for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations Miriam, so many blessings in your life of late! The baby hand photo is wonderful. I enjoy your blog and thank you for sharing. I hope you had a spendid Birthday.
    Anna A xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday and congratulations on your 5 years of blogging! I love reading your blog and following your projects, always inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Blog Anniversary. I also love your rose photos. Your cherries look great!

    ReplyDelete