There is not as much time spent stitching around here these days, but I am still managing to fit plenty in.
Last week we went for a long drive and I attempted, for the first time, to hand piece in the car. I can't read while the car is moving, so I was quite surprised to discover I could stitch!
The extra stitching time meant I could make lots of progress on my lone star. I finished the first diamond a couple of days ago.
Two of the rows are fussy cut from one piece of fabric.
Luckily for me there is only a tiny amount of wastage from the floral fabric.
My Noah and Matilda BOM is going well. I have completed 3 blocks...
Those circles of fabric on the bottom right will be made in to tiny purple grapes. There are 67 of them!!! I usually use Perfect Circles to make circles, however these need an even smaller circle than the smallest I have. I'm still trying to figure out how I will make them.
I have finally finished part 1 of Di Ford's mystery quilt for Quiltmania.
Slow progress has been made on preparing the circles for part 2.
Now, I don't really need another project to work on, but I started another little quilt for my grandson.
This one will be totally machine pieced, so won't take too long to complete. I've made 2 of 15 of the pieced blocks...
The alternating blocks are plain.
I first saw the quilt on the Instagram page of @messyjesse1. The pattern is from Quiltmag.com and search "nautical".
I will be making a smaller version.
Have a great week everyone.