Saturday, August 30, 2014

Quilt top finished, Noah and Matilda and more.....



I recently finished this quilt top for my Grandson. It will be for his cot, but big enough so that it can be tucked in at the sides and end. I have chosen a backing fabric and will be basting this weekend.

I am up to date with my Noah and Matilda blocks!!!! Yay!

This is the grape block from last month with some embroidery.



And this month's 4 blocks completed.



I made a couple of modifications to the top right block. Instead of appliqueing tiny yellow circles I embroidered some french knots. The stems for 4 of the hearts are chain stitch rather than a narrow fabric stem.

Some wonderful fabrics have come in the post. You may remember I won a giveaway on Lynne's blog earlier this year. The first bundle of Cotton + Steel fat quarters arrived from Pink Castle fabrics' Cotton + Steel Club.



Earlier I  prepurchased a fat quarter bundle of all the Cotton + Steel basics. The wait was worth it!!



I have lots of ideas to use these!!!  Anyone know where I can find a few extra sewing hours??? Lol

On the hand piecing front I have completed the second section of my lone star quilt.


This is going to be a big quilt!!!!

Spring is in the air here in Melbourne. Its another delightful, sunny day. Hope it is a great day where ever in the world you are. :)

14 comments:

  1. Wasn't it a beautiful day? Almost too nice to stay inside and sew (but I did!) I love the boat quilt and perfect for a little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your star is looking great as are your blocks and grapes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your boat quilt, timeless style. So many grapes on that block. Your appliqué is beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The French knots instead of circles.....good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow everything you have going is great.
    I love the sailboat quilt, that was my very first quilt.
    The star is wonderful and big is good!
    pretty fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the reminder about the tiny yellow circles. I completely forgot to do them.
    Love your blocks and the sailboat quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling boat quilt. Love the lone star. Can't wait to see it as one piece. Cotton + Steel is the new ruler of the quilt fabric world I think -- surpassing Amy Butler and Denyse Schmidt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work and fabulous new fabric. I love the cot quilt, just perfect for a little man.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your lonestar so far!! If you figure out how to make more time to sew - let me know :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The little boat quilt is so adorable--I plan to make some blocks in October while at a retreat. Love all the other projects, especially your lone star-it's going to be awesome! Let me know if you figure out how to get extra sewing hours in the day--I need to know too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The sailboat quilt is so sweet, how fun for a grandson! Your N&M blocks are super.
    The star is stunning, such great colors.
    Fall,is in the air here, the leaves are starting to turn.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute quilt for a little boy -- it will be perfect. Looks like you're making great progress on your projects. I'm eying that lonestar -- it's going to be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are working on so many wonderful projects!! I love your sailing boat quilt. Your Noah & Matilda look wonderful, well done for getting them all done so far. I love the colours of your Lone Star, its going to be spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your applique blocks are lovely! And I really like the emroidered stems.
    I am trying to get my head round hand piecing the star. I have found the joys of EPP but would always go with the strip piecing for this particular design. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete