January's blocks were designed by John Adams of Quilt Dad blog. John's great instructions make this block quick and easy to make.
In my last post I showed some fabric designed by Petra Prins. On the left in the photo below you can see the other pieces I bought from the Josephine range.
The fabrics on the right are Andover fabrics and are from the Winterthur John Hewson collection.
I plan to combine all those fabrics (and a few more) and make a version of the quilt below. I will use one of the Winterthur panels for the centre.
The first time I saw any Dancing Dollies was on Lurline's blog. Look at Lurline's blog header. I loved the look of those dollies, but at that time I had no idea about the Dancing Dollies quilt. (Lurline's blog was the very first blog I ever saw)
It will be a while before I start this quilt......there are one or two more I already have on the go. :)
Lots of cutting has been happening for Trailing Vines.
Strips of fabric..
...sewn together ready to cut out the pieced leaves.
So far I have only 2 branches of freezer paper leaf templates prepared. Lots more cutting to go!!
I finished the embroidery on the Friends of Baltimore block.
I added beads to some of the flowers on my first block. I still haven't decided whether to add them this time,so I am calling this one finished....for the moment!!
My thoughts are with a couple of friends who are battling severe illness.