Monday, January 11, 2010

Waterloo progress

Here is a progress photo of the Waterloo quilt. The next round will be appliqued orange peel and slightly larger baskets in each corner. For the baskets I plan to make them a little differently and fussy cut some birds from the Rouenneries linen/cotton fabric Ranette sent to me. I have stitched everything by hand so far. The original quilt is slightly different in the centre medallion and I may add more to mine.



I have started a small quilt for my sister. The red print on the right hand side is the only other fabric in this quilt top. This is again all hand stitched. Lots of large pieces coming up, so it will be quick to put together. I plan to hand quilt this one.

I have all the pieces cut for another small quilt that will be machine pieced. Lots of fabrics in this one! Up until now almost all of my quilts have had lots of different fabrics in them.

I have another small top ready to be quilted.

Its been really hot here today. At one point this afternoon our backyard thermometer read 47 C (about 116 F)!!! It was still 40 C after dinner. All my rose blooms are dried to a crisp! Its been too hot do anything but sit in a cool place and hand piece. Tomorrow we are expecting a cool change, then a week of much cooler weather.........thank goodness!!!

Have a great week, everyone!

15 comments:

  1. Oh Miriam the Waterloo quilt is so beautiful and your work is wonderful!

    I love the quilt/fabrics you are making for your sister and she will too!

    Enjoy the cooler weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow I just love the Waterloo quilt!! It will be fun to see what your sister's quilt will look like. Ack....116 is too dang hot!!

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is just too hot in my opinion too! I love the center block and the fabric you used, looking forward to seeing the complete quilt!!
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is lovely.
    Hoping you get cooler weather soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Miriam, this quilt is breathtaking! I love it, so pretty and well done. I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You Waterloo quilt is causing goosebumps hihi! Nice colors for your sister's quilt!! It snows here in Holland! Can't we split the difference in temperature hihi??? Have a nice cooler day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The waterloo quilt is beautiful...keep cool again today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Waterloo, and the fabrics are gorgeous. Isn't the weather brutal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the center circles in Waterloo - great!
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Waterloo top is lovely and I love how you fussy cut the handles on the baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like basket quilts of all types! This is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Waterloo quilt is beautiful as well as the one for your sister. I love baskets as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Waterloo quilt is looking great! I love the look of appliqued orange peels - the next round is going to be wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Waterloo is looking wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete