Saturday, February 19, 2011

A finish and more progress



 I have finished the Folk Art Fantasy wall hanging top.
On the vase I used reverse applique, a technique I haven't used for a long time.
The quilting will be done by machine once I have chosen a backing fabric.


















Here is the next block of Tailfeathers. This is
such a fun project! I just love all those cute embroidered birds.
I have block 7 started.

 Finally, I have caught up with Barbara Brackman's  Civil War Quilt blocks.
These 2 are block 6, Richmond and block 7, Log Cabin.









I made this tote bag today. I used a coated fabric.





Soooooo excited about tomorrow!!!!

Chat soon..........

12 comments:

  1. dear miriam,lovely work you get done,i am really excited about the next block to come,happy stitching,susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your folk art fantasy and glad you have caught up with the Civil War blocks as its that time of week again for another.
    Happy Stitching. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. The William Morris fabrics are lovely in your CW blocks and your applique is glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your applique block is beautiful. And you are moving right along on your other projects. A lady with a plan for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kudo on the beautiful finish!! I just love to see how much you get done...you are my hero LOL.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the applique wall hanging!! Tail Feathers is still on my list of to do but haven't started - I just want to get a little caught up on all of my quilting.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful feeling this must be to have been so very productive! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wall hanging is wonderful. I love to see what fabric others use for leaves etc. The days of boring greens have gone. Love your choices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're being very productive Miriam. I think the tail feathers is so cute and the Folk Art Fantasy is lovely too. I haven't tried the coated fabric but I think as a tote, it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous applique block and your birdies are so very tweet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've gotten so much done! I am very behind on the Brackman blocks. Love the cheery fabric of your tote.

    ReplyDelete