Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Finished......

...Block one of the Friends of Baltimore is finished!






A few close ups...






I made a couple of changes and used some silk ribbon for flower buds and I beaded the centres of the pink flowers.  I also used metallic star charms for the flag.
Overall I am quite happy with the block, but I know the next block will be easier (and hopefully better) for all I have learned while making this block.

Here are my next 2 Barbara Brackman Civil War blocks.


 I also fixed the block I sewed incorrectly from my last post.

Two of my DD's friends have recently had babies. My DD wanted to make a quilt each for them, so over the last 2 weeks I have been teaching her how to put a quilt together.
She has one almost finished.





I am still having problems with blogger!! I have changed my bloglist settings so that now only the most recent 5 postings are shown. You can still see all the others by clicking on the "show all" tool at the bottom of the bloglist.

Today I am starting my Roseville Album quilt!! :)

15 comments:

  1. busy at your house with the sewing....great to show you daughter how to make the quilts........

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Baltimore block is fabulous Miriam and lovely CW blocks again, I'm still behind on those - trying to finish off some abandoned projects. Looking forward to seeing your Roseville - are you using Kaffe fabrics or something different? I was looking longingly at my Hearts and Flowers quilt yesterday and wanting to pay it some attention! Looks like your daughter is definitely a quilter in the making :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa. Your Baltimore Block is outstanding. What a lovely piece of work!!! Beautiful Brackman blocks, too. You're just so talented and I love seeing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh Miriam your block is GORGEOUS!! How exciting to start a new project!! I will love watching your progress :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops forgot to say that your daughter's quilt is great. A new quilter...how exciting :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great job on your eagle Miriam! Love the flowers, especially the rose buds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. all are pretty blocks. You do such a good job.
    Blogger is still having problems I think. I know on some using blogger I can leave comments others sometimes let me others times not.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Friends of Baltimore quilt block is GORGEOOUS! It is going to be one beautiful work of art!
    Glad to hear DD is learning quilt! Love the one is has made!
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a funned busy post.
    I love your baltimore block. the tassels are over the moon! great job.
    Gracie's is so cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your applique is amazing. The attention to detail is to be envied.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your eagle block is simply stunning. I enlarged the blocks. All those beads, awesome! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful Baltimore block, Miriam! It makes me want to pull out my unfinished project from many years ago...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your block is gorgeous. I really like this eagle pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Miriam. That is a gorgeous block. Such detail. Glad to see your daughter learning to quilt. She is doing a great job. I like how she appliwued the name to the top!! ~karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Friends of Baltimore block is amazing! Would you like to link it at today's BOMs AWAY "party"? It would look so fabulous there, as well as your Civil War blocks. (Is that silver in the fabric, or is it a white on white?) If you'd like to put this post of yours in the linky party, here's the URL: http://whatahootquilts.blogspot.com/2011/07/boms-away-monday-10-and-hst-tip.html

    ReplyDelete