Monday, June 10, 2013

Medallion Sew-Along







I have finished the stitching of the second border for this little quilt. I have enjoyed making all those small blocks. Lori will be back soon with the instructions for the final border which is more applique.
To see more of these little quilts Lori has a Link-up Party on her blog.

I am keen to start making the pinwheel blocks (the correct size this time! Lol)  for my other centre.

As I mentioned in my last post I am continuing to make delectable mountain blocks. Here are the most recently completed blocks.





It has been ages since I had any photos from my garden!!  Here are a few from this afternoon.

I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw this one! A Jonquil this early in June! It smells delightful too!







The little Correa is starting to bloom...







 ...as are all the Zygocactus plants.


 Lastly an African Violet that is doing well inside.



Winter is with us here in Melbourne. The days are getting shorter and the weather has cooled off.
Perfect stitching weather!

18 comments:

  1. Your medallion is looking very, very nice. You will have a beautiful quilt to enjoy.
    Lovely to see such gorgeous colours in the garden at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the medallion , great fabric choices.
    ok the flowers are just so pretty.
    enjoy them while you can
    I wish it was winter coming for us, I am not a summer girl!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love medallion quilts and this is pretty as can be. Loving your little delectable mountains. Happy Sewing. As you get cool we turn hot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your quilt along turned out great! love the sparkly blues in the border with the red!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow -- that's amazing that you have so many blooms in winter! Your medallion quilt is so cute -- as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I am loving your quilt with the mostly red fabrics. The little bits of blue really make it sparkle!!

    Love your garden flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's coming along beautifully, I can't decide if I will stop with Lori and Randy or make mine bigger.

    Lovely garden too.

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are using wonderful colors for your medallion quilt. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your little medallion - the colours are gorgeous! It's the prettiest one I've seen. Lovely garden photos too.
    Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe you h ave a Jonquil up already!!! Your little medallion quilt is beautiful Miriam, I love all those triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely medallion quilt. You can never go wrong with FG fabrics. Did you ever finish the Antique Quilt?
    Beautiful flowers and delectable mountain blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Are you fabrics in the medallion quilt all from one line of fabric? I like what you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous medallion sewing Miriam, and as always your garden is amazing. You can even get jonquil's to grow out of season!! Love the african violet too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous medallion quilt and I love the fabrics you chose.
    Your flowers are gorgeous. It is so hot here :(
    Hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your medallion project...that looks like such fun and your fabric choices really speak to me. Your plants are amazing!

    In stitches,
    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What pretty shots from your garden. :) We are waiting for a bunch of poppies on our walkway to open up. Your medallion quilt looks fantastic. And the delectible mountains look so small! Love them :)

    ReplyDelete