Thursday, October 31, 2013

Sarah Morrell is back home!!!





Before we went away on holiday I left my Sarah Morrell quilt with Katrina. I collected the quilt on Monday.

I have never had anyone else quilt any of my quilts before and Katrina was highly recommended to me. I love feathers and swirls and lots of heavy quilting. Katrina sewed her magic and my quilt is better than I could have ever imagined!!!

Just a few photos of some blocks....








This peacock block is still my favourite!










I have the binding cut ready to sew on.

Lots more photos to come when the quilt is complete.

15 comments:

  1. Wow! Katrina has certainly worked her magic on your quilt, it looks stunning. I LOVE they way she quilted the peacock block. Looking forward to seeing more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It is really beautiful. Gorgeous quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fleur de lis! I do hope I can see your quilt in person one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful and Katrina has done a wonderful job to enhance it. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks great.....she had done a great job.......enjoyed the holiday pics too............

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh WOW -- hurry and get that border on so we can SEE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful quilt and so nice to see it quilted now. I love that very first block that you show and have thought to make a quilt using it over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing work. I don't know how someone can do that on a long arm and get all the individual squares happening. How does she do each block differently?

    ReplyDelete
  9. She did a lovely job quilting your beautiful quilt! I do love the immediacy of machine quilting...it's nice to label something finished!

    Teresa :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! She did a great job with your incredible quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was quite a leap of faith to leave such a wonderful, time-intensive project in someone else's hands for the first time! She did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely quilt. Look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete